1. 0:29 What are your upcoming plans and/or announcements for this coming year?
2. 12:04 You seemed to imply in a previous video that the dead can be aware of what happens on Earth. How do you reconcile that with Ecclesiastes 9:5, which says "the dead know nothing"?
3. 16:00 In Genesis 4, what is your take on why God was not pleased with Cain’s sacrifice? The text says he was a worker of the ground, and Abel was a cattle owner, so wouldn’t it make sense that Cain would give grain and Abel would give meat, since those were just their individual professions?
4. 21:02 If soul sleep isn't a thing, people who have been resurrected are essentially being snatched out of Paradise or Hell and put back into a body. Why would that be?
5. 23:34 Scripture is clear that we are sinful, but do Christians sin every second, minute, and hour?
~(Bonus Q) 26:51 I was raised a Jehovah’s Witness and baptized as a kid, but not in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. How do I know what church to choose now, and who should baptize me? I’m afraid of being misled.
6. 30:57 In your video on Mark 11: 22-25 you talked about how important the Temple was for the Jews in regard to prayer. But didn't God hear the prayers of believers like Daniel without a temple?
7. 33:35 The other day my friend/future roommate, a Christian, told me he has pursued a gay lifestyle since March. Any advice on points to hit when he and I are able to talk again?
8. 37:28 Is it sinful to not want to marry? How do I know if I'm called to stay single?
9. 39:22 A lot of people like "happy church" where everything is "positive.” Thus, positivity and negativity become moral categories. What are the dangers of this approach?
10. 43:20 Who was the most notable old testament leader in your mind, and why? I am doing a study on biblical leadership and would love your response.
11. 44:10 Do you have any suggestions for someone who procrastinates on deeply studying the scriptures in fear of messing up? I want to study theological topics like eschatology, but fear I'll do it wrong.
12. 46:15 I have 100 Qs, but could you pray for me? I'm anxious about my salvation and fear often that I've blasphemed the Holy Spirit. Also, how can we be praying for you and your wife?
13. 49:15 If we can’t “lean on our own understanding” or trust in man or a group and there are many ways to interpret the Bible, how do we know whether we are following our heart or conscience?
14. 56:05 Does God actually love us unconditionally? Does He still love the people whose conscience He intentionally hardens, those who blaspheme the Holy Spirit, and those who go to Hell?
15. 59:05 Ehrman says the word for “born again” in Aramaic doesn’t have the double meaning it has in Greek, thus the conversation couldn't have gone the way it is referred to in John 3. What is the solution?
16. 1:03:12 What practices in a party/wedding should be different for Christians vs. non-believers? Or what should one not practice as a Christian…drinking? Dancing?
17. 1:05:56 Do you think the apostles taught the doctrine of imminence? Could it have been possible for someone like Peter who knew he was going to die according to Jesus’ words? Can we believe it today?
18. 1:08:23 1 Corinthians 11: 10 states that the husband has authority over his wife, and Ephesians 5: 23 states the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the Church. Since Christ disciplines the Church, is there biblical grounds for wife discipline, and to what extend can a husband enforce his authority?
19. 1:13:20 How literally should we take what is said about Hell? Is it a literal place of fire, gnashing of teeth, etc., or is it metaphor? Is either interpretation wrong?
20. 1:14:37 My kids (2 & 4) received children's books on evolution from a family member for Christmas. How would you approach the situation of receiving the books and introducing children to other worldviews? My wife and I want to teach our children about worldviews other than Christianity and allow them to think about and respond to them. They will inevitably be introduced to evolution, etc.
1:16:23 Closing announcements and a bonus!
Every Friday at 1pm PT
Here’s how you get your questions answered in the Q&A
1) Please reread your question before you ask to ensure that it will make sense to me. Clarity is paramount.
2) Wait till we go live before asking. We don’t take questions until then.
3) Put a “Q” at the beginning of your question.
4) Please only ask once, our mods are checking the chat continually.
5) I’m truly sorry if I’m unable to get to your question. I know its a bummer, but I am doing my best.
6) If you arrive late we may have already gathered 20 questions. Please check the live chat to see if we are full on Qs. Thanks!