My video on why I think the death penalty is biblical. Please hear me out and if you disagree share why in the comments. https://youtu.be/gf259Qv2qv4
1. 0:04 Is there a conflict between being pro-life and pro-death penalty at the same time?
2. 3:54 Can you address what John means when he says that certain sins lead to death and some do not (1 John 5: 16-17)? Is there evidence in this passage that suggests you can lose your salvation?
3. 7:37 When, in the research process, do you (1) know you have read enough secondary literature to comment on the topic and (2) become confident enough to share your conclusion with thousands of people?
4. 12:40 Are there any verses in the Bible where it clearly states or implies that rights (life, liberty, and property) are inalienable and inherently possessed, as opposed to being dependent on self-ownership?
5. 19:03 God answered Hagar directly. Both her and many others before and after Christ. Do you think God sometimes uses the still small voice today, or only directly through the Scriptures? (Hebrews 1:2)
6. 24:53 Do you think that macro evolution is consistent with Scripture, since evolution works by death? As sin entered the world through Adam and through sin entered death (Rom 5: 12, Rom 8: 21-22).
7. 29:06 In 1 Corinthians 14: 22, Paul says tongues are a sign for non-believers and prophecy is a sign for believers. The next verses seem to flip it though. I can't make sense of it but I wondered your take on it.
8. 32:50 My parents think religion is stupid and I don't want to evangelize to them because they'll judge me and say that I'm stupid. Is that ok, or should I try anyway? If so, how?
9. 35:47 How would you understand the numbers in Revelation 7: 4? What does it mean by "144,000 were sealed"? Does it mean only 144,000 are faithful Christians?
10. 41:11 In 2 Peter 2:6, is the example of Sodom & Gomorrah literal? Does it mean that on the final day of judgment the ungodly will literally be condemned to extinction like they were?
11. 43:58 Is the Athanasian Creed biblical (specifically the first part which seems to imply that one cannot be saved without believing the doctrine of the Trinity)?
12. 45:53 Is it biblical to say that all temptation comes from Satan and the demonic? Or can temptation also come from your sinful self?
13. 50:23 Is there biblical support for having monarchies today? What attitude should we have toward monarchy, specifically?
14. 52:48 What is your view on the Creation account given in Genesis? Some people hold to a young earth, but with modern science, that seems unlikely. Questions then arise such as: did Adam and Eve exist?
15. 59:22 Were Old Testament believers born-again? Could they be called (during their lives) "children of God" as Christians can be called nowadays?
16. 1:02:06 Are nerdy hobbies (comics, movies, games, etc.) reconcilable with Christianity? Or should we discard them and use our time in other ways?
17. 1:04:21 My pastor teaches that we are "little Gods" from the word of faith movement. I have disagreed with him in private conversation about this and he is firm in his belief. How important is this issue to salvation?
18. 1:05:43 How does Israel in the Bible correlate to the present day political state of Israel? Are the promises for Israel meant for Israel today?
19. 1:07:39 Is there a difference between the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven? If yes, can you explain it for me?
20. 1:09:04 What do you think of “dual covenant theology” (the belief that Jews can be saved without believing in Jesus due to their special covenant with God)?
Every Friday at 1pm PT
Here’s how you get your questions answered in the Q&A
1) Please reread your question before you ask to ensure that it will make sense to me. Clarity is paramount.
2) Wait till we go live before asking. We don’t take questions until then.
3) Put a “Q” at the beginning of your question.
4) Please only ask once, our mods are checking the chat continually.
5) I’m truly sorry if I’m unable to get to your question. I know its a bummer, but I am doing my best.
6) If you arrive late we may have already gathered 20 questions. Please check the live chat to see if we are full on Qs. Thanks!